November 1, 2011 by jbrettjacobsen
Navigating the world is a journey your child will take with many. What questions are important for families to ask a current school or prospective school about their 21st century learning environment?
- Surrounded by great mentors of great passion and faith, how will they learn how to think critically, communicate effectively, act ethically, think creatively, innovate purposefully and collaborate willingly?
- How will they be prepared to engage the world with confidence, compassion, and avid curiosity?
- How do you assess student learning?
- How do you inspire, sharpen, and equip teachers?
- How are you innovating and leading in the local and national discussion concerning education?
- What are the 21st century skills infused into the daily life of school?
- How do you design and demonstrate 21st century learning?
- What is the predominant method of instruction?
- How are you preparing and positioning students for the global marketplace?
- Should we expect more than just college prep?
- To what extent are students engaged citizen leaders both locally and globally?
This is not an exhaustive list. Let me hear from you.