Leave a comment
November 7, 2010 by jbrettjacobsen
Recently read Mentoring 101 by John Maxwell and here are some highlights from my standpoint:
- If you want to grow and become the best person you can be, you’ve got to be intentional about it.
- Make people development your top priority.
- Two kinds of leaders: those who attract followers and those who attract other leaders.
- If you want good ides, you need a lot of ideas.
- #1 Build people up by encouragement. #2 Give people credit by acknowledgement. #3 Give people recognition by gratitude.
- Commitment is one quality above all others that enables a potential leader to become a successful leader.
- When it’s bad for the individual and bad for the organization — everyone loses.
- When it’s good for the individual but bad for the organization — the organization loses.
- When it’s bad for the individual but good for the organization — the individual loses.
- When it’s good for the individual and good for the organization — everyone wins.