September 12, 2010 by jbrettjacobsen
Read Linchpin by Seth Godin and highlighted some quotes from his book:
- What we must have are indispensable human beings. We need original thinkers, provocateurs, and people who care. We need artists.
- Artists are people with a genius for finding a new answer, a new connection, or a new way of getting things done.
- Win by being ordinary, more standard, and cheaper. Or win by being faster, more remarkable, and more human.
- Someone with passion and energy, capable of seeing things as they are and negotiating multiple priorities as she makes useful decisions out of angst. Flexible in the face of change, resilient in the face of confusion.
- Not My Job…Three words than can kill an entire organization.
- Kids can do anything (except fly, which they really truly want to do). Very few of us set out to be average or to be typical.
- She creates forward motion.
- Today, if all you have to offer is that you know a lot of reference book information, you lose, because the Internet knows more than you do. Depth of knowledge with good judgment is worth a lot.
- Emotional labor is the task of doing some important work, even when it isn’t easy.
- Art is unique, new, and challenging to the status quo. It’s not decoration, it’s something that causes change.
- A day’s work is your chance to do art, to create a gift, to do something that matters.